(Senior) Financial Accountant (f/m/d) - Berlin/Germany Remote
At GraphCMS, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your Team and Role
The (Senior) Financial Accountant will be part of the Operations team and report to the VP of Operations. You will become an integral part of moving our accounting operations in-house. You will be expected to proactively and continuously develop existing accounting processes and participate in projects to automize our accounting processes and make them more efficient. You will be interacting closely with your teammates from various departments on topics such as invoice approvals, travel expenses and debt collection. The operations team is responsible for the company’s financial affairs, legal matters and administrative duties.
What you will be working on
- Recording monthly journal entries based on German GAAP/HGB (accounts payables, accounts receivables, and general ledger accounts).
- Maintaining master data as well as reconciling and maintaining accounts payables and accounts receivables accounts.
- Account monitoring and handling of outstanding receivables.
- Processing payment runs.
- Preparing provisions and accrual bookings.
- Performing month-end closing process independently.
- Preparing annual financial statements in coordination with our tax advisor.
- Being responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT, ZM, and OSS declarations.
What we expect from you
- Having a university degree with a focus on accounting and auditing or; Having completed vocational training with a focus on Finance and Accounting.
- 3+ years of experience working as a Financial Accountant and good knowledge of German GAAP (HGB).
- Advanced knowledge of Datev is essential.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, especially Excel.
- Fluent communication skills in German and good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Availability to work from Berlin headquarters at least once every six weeks, even if you are not based in Berlin.
- Experience working in a startup or in a fast-paced environment and enthusiasm to learn about new processes and ways of working.
- Ability to learn quickly and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with a reliable and structured way of working, and taking ownership of their role.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our team's success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 20 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1-2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Structured competency-based Interviews
- Excel test if needed
- Team-Fit call
- Reference Check and Offer
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enrich the productivity of our workspace and also promote innovation and creativity.