Finance and Operations Intern (f/m/d) - Berlin
At GraphCMS, we're building the leading GraphQL Federated Content Platform. Our goal is to enable developers and content operators to create, enrich, unify, and deliver content across platforms. We are trusted to manage content for teams from over 50,000 organizations like Telenor, Burrow, Gamescom, and Shure. With over $10M in funding from OpenOcean, Peak, and Paua Ventures, you will be part of a remote-first and globally distributed team of over 50 colleagues, committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and passionately.
- We are customer-centric and goal-driven.
- We believe in innovation and encourage everyone to voice their opinions.
- We use our own product on a daily basis.
- We are open in our communication and feedback.
Purpose of your Team and Role
The Finance and Operations Intern will be part of the Operations team and report to the VP of Operations. You will be interacting closely with your teammates from various departments on topics such as invoice approvals, travel expenses, debt collection, and office operations, and learn about the accounting process and operations in a small company, on the job, from the VP of Operations. The operations team is responsible for the company’s financial affairs, legal matters, and administrative duties.
What you will be working on
- Assisting the Finance team with invoice management and preparatory accounting.
- Liaising with other cross-functional teams, e.g. Customer Success and Sales, to solve customer requests regarding invoices and payments.
- Taking on various team administrative tasks and supporting various Finance and Operations projects.
- Ensuring quality, accuracy, and consistency.
- Office & Logistics Operations, which ranges from IT Equipment procurement to inventory management.
- Account monitoring and handling of outstanding receivables.
- Maintaining master data for accounts payables accounts.
Krav för tjänsten
What we expect from you
- You have finished or are currently enrolled in a Bachelor's/Master's degree in finance, economics, or a similar field.
- Good command of Excel. Knowledge of other finance and data tools is a plus.
- You are organized and you have an independent way of working.
- Detail-oriented and with great organizational skills.
- You have a proactive attitude and are a strong team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ideally but not mandatory: prior experience in a similar position within a start-up or growing organization.
- You speak English and German fluently.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our team's success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are and work together with individual responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 20 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1-2 weeks for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Structured competency-based Interviews with VP Operations
- Excel test if needed
- Team-Fit call
- Reference Check and Offer
GraphCMS is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enrich the productivity of our workspace and also promote innovation and creativity.