VP Operations (f/m/d) - Berlin
Hi there!! We are looking for a VP of Operations, who will help us steer the business operations for the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate, and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
Purpose of your Team and Role
You will have the opportunity to own and build up the operations function from scratch with the support of the CEO and CCO and will work together with different stakeholders across the company in different regions. This position has the potential to move into the core management over time depending on joint achievements.
What you will be working on
Finance & Accounting:
- You will be managing the accounting processes (accounts receivables and payables) end-to-end with your team
- You will be managing invoice management, cashflow, expense management and other processes to make sure that all business transactions ran smoothly and are documented accurately.
- You will help to prepare the monthly and annual statutory accounts in close co-operation with the tax advisory firm.
- You will be the central contact person for auditors, tax consultants and the management regarding all financial topics.
- You will work together with the HR department to support the tax advisor in payroll accounting.
- You will manage 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees and growing your team in the long term.
Reporting & Investor Relations:
- You will support the management in investor reporting and help to continuously evolve the standards
- You will prepare the monthly and annual management accounts, closely with the C-level.
Budgeting & Planning:
- You will shape and monitor company-specific KPIs and budget plans and create cash flow and liquidity plans as well as other relevant financial analysis, closely with C-level.
- Being the internal go-to-person for legal questions regarding employee taxation, commercial contracts, privacy and other business related topics according to German law.
- Co-ordinating and working together with external legal advisors, privacy experts, auditors etc.
- Become the owner for driving the ISO 27001 certification process of GraphCMS.
- Overseeing the day-to-day office operations and managing 1-2 part-time/ full-time employees in the mid term.
- Managing the procurement/ supplies for office/ equipment related items and managing the inventory.
What we expect from you
- You have 4-5 years of professional experience in the field of finance, operations or similar with exposure to the areas listed above.
- You have ideally worked for a fast-growing start-up up (between 100-500 FTEs) or for one of the BIG4 before.
- You are fluent in German and have a very good command of written and spoken English (C1 min).
- You ideally have worked with tools such as Datev, Pleo, Google Sheets etc.
- You either have a degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have ideally managed a team of 2-5 individual contributors before.
- You are highly structured, precise and a numbers driven person.
- You show a great level of responsibility, independence and resourcefulness.
- You are comfortable being an individual contributor as well as working within a team. You work independently with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
Working at GraphCMS
We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability.
A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.